The development of biotechnology-based floor cleaners is helping to clean up the world in more ways than one. Not only are these cleaners often more effective than their traditional counterparts, but they are safer to dispose of, less aggressive and often more cost effective than traditional options.
So why do we clean our floors?
- To prevent injuries due to tripping or slipping. Injuries due to slips and trips on level floors are a major cause of accidental injury or death.
- To beautify the floor.
- To remove stains, dirt, litter and obstructions.
- To remove grit and sand which scratch and wear down the surface.
- To remove allergens, in particular dust.
- To prevent wear to the surface (e.g. by using a floor wax or protective sealant).
- To make the environment sanitary (e.g. in kitchens).
- To maintain optimum traction (e.g. for dance floors).
All these examples of why we should clean our floors can be achieved along with caring for the environment.
Meet addwater ™ All Surface Floor Cleaner the new product that uses biotechnology by combining readily biodegradable surfactants and biological fermentation extracts. The precise combination of ingredients gets powerful cleaning results without the need for solvents or high pH levels. The biological fermentation extracts attack soil instead of emulsifying with it. And the bacterial cultures provide deep cleaning in the hardest to reach places, while completely eliminating foul odours.
With 1000s of floor cleaners available in the market place, only a very small portion are biotechnology based.
Tips for healthy homes and cleaner living,
- Choose biotechnology based products.
- Follow the suggested procedures and dilutions.
- Limit the use of disinfectants: adopt the principle of Rational Disinfection.
- Do not use chlorinated products (bleach).
- Train staff on the environmental impact of their work.
- Environmental benefits reduce environmental stress
- Low aquatic toxicity and readily biodegradable (according to OECD 301 series tests)
- Reduced chemical waste
- Concentrated product: reduced transportation (GHG) and packaging
- No VOCs: helps reduce GHGs
- Elimination of VOC-emitting air fresheners and reduction of sick building syndrome
- Reduced energy use (effective cleaning without hot water). Fits perfectly into any organisation’s efforts to be more eco-responsible by going green.
For more info click here